dark, hypnotic recording with historic musicans
vs. cutting edge drum & bass artists from the
U.K., Europe and the U.S. The drum breaks were
collected raw and guided to be heavyweight/
down to earth, unmixed, and played over to
musicans who added virtuosic instrumentation
"live on the spot" in interaction with the dynamics
of the breakbeats. It was later arranged, produced,
and mastered in NYC.
1) Ta�wil - Submerged (breaks/OHM Resistance/U.S.), Pharoah Sanders
(Alto Saxophone/John Coltrane quartet), Bill Laswell (Bass).
2) Humanoid - Paradox (breaks/Reinforced Recordings/Paradox
Music/UK), Toshinori Kondo (trumpet), Buckethead (guitars),
Bernie Worrell (keyboards/Parliament Funkadelic),
Bill Laswell (bass).
3) Hidden Killer - Black Sun Empire (breaks/DSCI4 Recordings/BSE
Recordings/Holland), Graham Haynes (trumpet), Pete Cosey (guitars/Miles Davis), Bill Laswell (bass).
4) Amenta: D-star (breaks/Metalheadz/UK), Byard Lancaster (alto
saxophone/John Coltrane/Roland Kirk), Pete Cosey (guitars/Miles Davis), Bill Laswell (bass).
5) Panepha - Paradox (breaks/Reinforced Recordings/Paradox music/UK), Herbie Hancock (keyboards/Miles Davis/Headhunters), Bill Laswell
6) Babylon Decoder - Amit (breaks/Commercial Suicide
Records/Metalheadz/UK), Toshinori Kondo (trumpet),
Buckethead (guitars), Bill Laswell (bass).
7) Aibi-Virus: SPL (breaks/Tech Itch Recordings/Freak
Recordings/U.S.), Masada String Trio (violins), John Zorn
(alto saxophone), Bill Laswell (bass).
8) Anti-Jazz Glitch: Outrage (breaks/Metalheadz/UK),
Craig Taborn (keyboards/machines/Carl Craig/Detroit Techno), Bill Laswell (bass).
9) Black Water - Fanu (breaks/Subtitles/Vibez UK/Scandinavia), Graham Haynes (trumpet),
Byard Lancaster (Alto Saxophone/John Coltrane/
Roland Kirk), Bill Laswell (bass).
10) Pattern Engine - Evol Intent (breaks/Renegade Hardware/U.S.), Dave Liebman (Alto saxophone/Miles davis), Bill Laswell (bass).
11) Aether - Karsh Kale (drums/tabla), Nil Peter Molvaer
(trumpet/Universal Music/ECM), Bill Laswell (bass).
12) Remains - Corrupt Souls (breaks+vortex/Moving shadow/BSE recordings), Bill Laswell (bass).
Produced by Bill Laswell
Conceived by Robert Soares (atmpc) and Bill Laswell
Realization: Submerged (OHM Resistance) and Sanctuary Records
A Tacitur/Sony Red/OHM Resistance/Nu-Urban project
Street Date: March 6, 2007
Formats: picture disc sampler, 3X12" vinyl, full length cd